Secretly Unstable

I have been told I am crazy, funny, a good cook, and a decent blogger. These are the expectations I am trying to live up to. Thank you.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Motherhood has been filled with surprises. I was surprised that babies like to pee and poop when their diaper is off. I was surprised by how hard it is to get anything done. I was surprised by how fast the day goes by. But the one thing that really stands out as a huge surprise is how much dirty laundry a baby makes.

In the previous blog I mentioned how much laundry Ruby makes, but I thought it best to describe it in a photo:


Above is 5 days worth of baby laundry. 5 DAYS! That is less than a week. Ruby is 10lbs! Derek and I are much bigger than Ruby and we make much less laundry. Ruby is not even a big spitter-upper! Mind you that some of the dirty laundry is due to our novice parenting. I am sure experience parents make much less dirty laundry.

Each pile of clean laundry you see here is a different category of clothing:
First row from the left:
Warmer onesies without feet, warmer onesies with feet, cotton onesies with feet, cotton onesies without feet, longsleeve body suits, shortsleeve body suits, burp rags.
Second row from the left:
Hats, bibs, socks (notice no matching pairs), nightgowns, wash cloths.
Third row from the left:
Sheets, light blankets, heavy blankets, waterproof pads.
Fourth row from the left:
Towels, sweaters, baby, new clothes that don't fit yet.

It is bananas, it is 5 days worth of laundry.
Our next baby (5+years from now) will be a summer baby. I think there will be much less laundry that way.

BTW: I go back to work on 1/22, so I promise less baby blogs, more commuting/work bitching blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home