Secretly Unstable

I have been told I am crazy, funny, a good cook, and a decent blogger. These are the expectations I am trying to live up to. Thank you.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Man up Alaina!

I do not think I have ever blogged about my fear of driving. This is surprising since I have been blogging for a while, and my fear of driving is a notable personality fault worthy of comment.

Ok, so I don't drive. I have a license, but I have driven exactly this many times in the 10 years since I got my license:

1. Derek got drunk on his birthday in 1999.
2. Derek took me to practice in Breezy in 2000.
3. I drove to Fairway with Derek in 2005.
4. I drove to Fairway with Derek in 2006.
5. Derek got drunk on his birthday in 2007.
6. I drove to Shoprite with Derek in January 2009.
7. I drove to Shoprite with Derek in February 2009.

So basically unless Derek is drunk or I need to go to the grocery store I don't drove.

Now that Derek is hoobling around on crutches with a broken ankle it has occurred to me that I should "man up" and drive. I could drive Ruby and I around. I can run errands. I can schlep Derek around when he is sober, instead of only on his birthday. I think about myself behind the wheel. Maybe driving down to the beach this summer with Ruby on a Friday. Can I make this happen? Can I get over my fears? What am I really afraid of? I just got to do it right?

If you see me this weekend please tell me to "man up!" I need all of the encouragement I can get.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger *Bitch Cakes* said…

    OMG I love driving!!!!! I haven't driven in like a year now and I really miss the thrill, the exhilaration, the road rage. It gets the blood pumping- all your senses heightened as you grip the wheel, change lanes, look for short cuts, flip people off. I say embrace your inner road demon. Everything is scary at first. You can do it!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i have the same secret fear. humiliated by it.
    but i don't know how to relax when the dickwad who is about to cut me off is driving, reading a novel, texting and eating a sandwich simultaneously.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want to contribute something in this blog about driving fears and phobias.

    I found this special report in the internet the other day about a subject regarding to the “10 Keys To Eliminating Fear of Driving”.
    and I found it very helpful and inspiring to read.

    The author Alex Hunter displayed a very informative report about eliminating a fear of driving. He shared a very useful approach in improving and developing your skill as a driver. Also he showed expert knowledge about the problem on hand.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home