Secretly Unstable

I have been told I am crazy, funny, a good cook, and a decent blogger. These are the expectations I am trying to live up to. Thank you.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Refreshing Change

I so often blog to bitch about commuting. I spend about 2 hours of my day doing it, and it is not an enjoyable experience overall. But recently I have been excited about one thing on the subway. And with the inevitable fare hike that we are going to be slammed with, I thought it would be nice to note what made me so happy these past couple of commuting days.

The brand new F trains! On Friday of last week (3/27) I was coming home from an appointment in the city and waiting at Broadway Layfette for the F, when something new and exciting came down the tracks. It looked similar to the "new" 4/5/6 trains that were rolled out a few years back, only it was shinier and newer. Upon entering the car you were hit by that "new train smell." For those of you with cars you are familiar with it, the new train smell is way better than the old train smell. I bet you trust me on that.

The MTA improved the inside of these new cars. The seats are more comfortable, and instead of those scary sounding fold down seats at the end of the cars, there is no seat at all. (I hate when those fold down seats slam up!) The best new feature was the "next stop indicator" (as I have named it) that runs along the side over head. It tells you the next stop, but even better it tells you how many stops away you are from your destination! I love that.

I took at picture:

So thank you MTA for the new F trains. They made my commute. See, I am not above thanking the MTA for when they do something right. Of course the V line still exists, and that will piss me off until the end of time. And I will be enraged when they charge me more for less. But we can save that blog for May.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous rowan said…

    there are new E trains, too! and i do agree with you on that new-train smell.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home