Secretly Unstable

I have been told I am crazy, funny, a good cook, and a decent blogger. These are the expectations I am trying to live up to. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Baby Steps to a Slimmer Me

I was recently told, "make little changes a couple at a time and your won't notice you are dieting." Sounds like good enough advice. I have tried the whole "jump into a diet" thing, and well, that doesn't work for me. So here is a list of the little changes I am going to make. One at a time:
  • Slim milk in my coffee, instead of half and half
  • Skip the rice/potato/pasta at dinner
  • Have a salad for lunch at least twice a week
  • Walk up the steps instead of the escalator in the morning
  • Eliminate the "sweet snack" after lunch
  • Eliminate any after dinner desserts during the week
  • Egg whites, instead of eggs
  • Cut my dinner portions in half
  • Walk to 6th Ave for the train
  • Skip the bun
  • Skip the chips
Not a bad start. At least this way I won't get any fatter. I might even lose a few pounds.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I think baby steps are great. Any change you make in the right direction is a good thing, you don't have to jump into doing "everything right" in order to succeed. We just need to change slowly, at our own pace.

    So congrats!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home